DID YOU KNOW?
- Turkeys have heart attacks. When the Air Force was conducting test runs and breaking the sound barrier, fields of turkeys would drop dead.
- 91% of Americans eat turkey on Thanksgiving Day.
- Fifty percent of Americans put the stuffing inside the Turkey.
- More than 40 million green bean casseroles are served on Thanksgiving.
- Contrary to popular belief, Native Americans did not eat cranberries. They did, however, find them extremely useful for dying fabric and decorating pottery.
- A spooked turkey can run at speeds up to 20 miles per hour.